The old Waterloo Post Office building was built in 1912 and has undergone many renovations over the years.
The original corner clock was removed in 1956, because it had fallen into disrepair. A modern clock was added in 1969, but itwas replaced in 1987 with one based on the original drawings and specifications. This restored the original look of the building.
For more details see Waterloo Post Office.